From Carol L. Smith, CIO
We are right on schedule with DePauw’s transition to Google Apps!
We initiated the switch from GroupWise/Tigermail to Google Apps last Saturday as planned and since then mail to DePauw is delivered directly to our Google Apps accounts. Things went well over the weekend, have continued smoothly through this week, and there are now close to 3300 people using DePauw’s Google Apps. Whew!
As we step into this next phase of the project (mainly copying what’s left in our GroupWise/Tigermail accounts and learning what’s new with the new system), I want to leave you with few quick tips and reminders about how email works now with Google Apps.
As I mentioned at the start of this project, we are excited about this upgrade for the campus. I really look forward to the new possibilities that it brings for supporting communication and collaboration in all aspects of our campus activities.
Thank you for your patience and perseverance in helping make this a successful transition!
–Carol. “DePauw has Gone Google!”
Key points in the following include:
- You can send now email to DePauw distribution lists from Google Apps
- You CAN still read your old GroupWise/Tigermail email, but…
- Remember! Don’t use GroupWise/Tigermail to send mail, especially to other DePauw accounts
- Check your Google Apps messages labeled as “Spam” occasionally
- The Google Apps automatic out-of-office responder works now
- Recommended browsers for using Google Apps
- Where to find more help